This REG DUO charge controller is perfect for small solar systems, and for the controlled charge of two batteries (electrolyte liquid or gel made). EP Solar charge controllers work at a 12/24V Voltage.
EP Solar charge controllers have small LED lights that show the status of the controller and even that of the accessories connected to it (like panels and accumulators). It also monitors the battery avoiding both overload and underload.
The controller automatically carries out these functions depending on threshold voltage: respectively HVD (High Voltage Differential) e LVD (Low Voltage Differential).
Thanks to these functions, accumulators will be more efficient and long-lasting.
The REG DUO charge controller can be used for means of transport like:
- and many others
It can charge two batteries at the same time (motor and auxiliary battery). Given these conditions, you won't have to use an external paralleling to regulate the status of both batteries. These disconnection processes, automatically carried out by the device, are based on a parameter, the SOC (Status of Charge), which is also automatically calculated by the device.
The SOC is a very important parameter which the protections for overload and underload depend on. It also charges both batteries with a charge monitoring system by basing it on the assigned priority (which is of course adjustable).
This controller, uses an advanced integrated circuit to calculate the SOC with exceptional precision.
- Dual battery inputs
- Solar Panel maximum power: 175W
- Selection of PWM charge frequency
- Chance to connect to a remote display - not included, purchasable separately
- Amplified charge voltage
- PWM shunt battery charging
- Overload protection (both input and output)
- Over temperature protection
- Reverse polarity protection (both for modules and batteries)
- Temperature compensation with internal sensor and possibility of external connection
- Possibility of selecting the battery type (electrolyte liquid or gel)
- Low battery indicator
- Blocking diode within the controller
- Monthly equalization charge through electrolyte re-mixing to avoid sulfation of the battery elements
- Protection of the battery from overload (which would spoil it)
- Protection of the battery from a full discharge (which would shorten its life)
- Automatic charge reconnection to the accumulators (battery gets disconnected to prevent a full discharge)
- State of charge and system malfunctions multicolor LED indicator
- Reverse current protections at night (due to the accumulators)