The TRACER 3215 is a charge controller with MPPT technology (Maximum Power Point Tracking), used in photovoltaic systems.
Through the use of MPPT technology, the Tracer can increase charge current up to 30% or more compared to traditional controllers. The sophisticated three-stage charging system can be configured to optimize the parameters of charge according to the specifications of the battery.
The regulator is protected against voltage spikes, over temperature, over current, reverse of polarity.
The control of the charging voltage occurs in MPPT, combined with a system of multi- stage control. This provides greater efficiency and longer battery life. The MPPT control is implemented thanks to the power transistors MOSFETs, which are switched on and off in high frequency PWM to control in a precise manner the charging voltage.
This kind of charge controller is equipped with LED lights that are meant to show the working status of the controller and accessories related to it (panels and accumulators). Besides this function it also performs a task of maintaining the battery, avoiding both the overhead that the underdischarging . These functions are automatically performed by the charge controller on the basis of the threshold voltages which are respectively HVD ( maximum voltage of disconnection) and LVD ( minimum voltage of disconnection) . In this way, it gives the possibility to the accumulators to remain more efficient and longer in time.
These processes of disconnection, carried out automatically by the charge controller, are based on a parameter calculated automatically updated and maintained by the controller itself , ie the SOC , that is, the state of charge of the battery.
This charge controller , for the calculation of the SOC , uses an integrated circuit capable of cutting edge calculate with great accuracy. The SOC is a very important parameter on which they are based protections for overload and over discharged . An additional parameter based on the SOC is the LVR ( voltage reconnection load). Using this parameter , the controller can figure out when the batteries are charged enough that it can be reconnected to the load ( as with the protection LVD accumulators may be disconnected from the load).
- Automatic selection of voltage (12 or 24V)
- Charging voltage amplified
- Charging the battery with MPPT technology
- Protection of overloaded ( both incoming and outgoing)
- Protection from overheating
- Reverse polarity protection ( for both modules for batteries)
- Protection against short circuit
- Temperature Compensation
- Ability to select the battery type (liquid or gel electrolyte )
- Pre- battery alarm via LED
- Timer function from 1 to 15 hours
- Blocking diode is installed inside the controller
- Upload a monthly equalizing mixing the electrolyte to avoid the sulfation of the battery cells
- Protection from excessive charging of the battery (to prevent overcharging of the battery that would ruin )
- Protection from excessive discharge of the battery (to prevent deep discharge of the battery will decrease the life )
- Automatic reconnection of the load to the batteries ( the battery is disconnected to avoid complete discharge )
- Indication of state of charge and malfunctions of the system with LED
- Protection for the reverse current at night ( due to batteries )
- RJ45 interface for remote control MT -5 (not supplied)
Model: TRACER - 3215
Nominal voltage of the system ( V): 12 or 24
Max battery voltage (V): 32
Battery voltage range: 9-29
Maximum consumption (mA): <10
Maximum PV input voltage (V): 150VOC
Maximum power input PV: 12 V/390W / 24V/780W
Overload Protection: 30A
Operating Temperature ( C): from -35 to +55
Type of charge: MPPT (4 stages )
Degree of protection: IP 30
Size (mm): 242 x 169 x 91 mm
Weight (Kg): 2
N.B. All voltage values should be doubled in the case of a 24 V system